Dallas Denton Plano Frisco Texas – Divorce, Property and Child Support Modifications

If your situation has changed significantly after the issuance of a divorce or a family court order, you may have the basis to seek a modification of the current order. The Dallas divorce modificationsand family law attorneys at Goldstein & Scopellite, PC, are qualified and can represent you in a variety of modification proceedings, including:

  • Modification of child custody
  • Modification of parenting time (visitation schedule)
  • Modification of child support
  • Move-away disputes (parental relocation)
  • Medical or school disputes
  • Other orders currently not being performed

Dallas Divorce Modifications | Family Law Orders

For a child support, child custody or divorce modification consultation contact Goldstein & Scopellite, PC. We are only taking select cases.

Visitation or Child Support Changes

Anyone seeking the modification of a child custody order or a visitation order should consult with an experienced child custody lawyer who can review the facts of your case and help you make an informed decision about how best to proceed.

To obtain a modification to a visitation or custody order, the moving party must demonstrate a substantial change of circumstances or an emergency since the entry of the previous court order. The moving party must also demonstrate that any proposed change is in the best interest of the child.

Move-Away Disputes

In Texas and Arizona, the court has the authority to restrict a custodial parent from moving to a new state or moving to a new location that is a significant distance away from the current jurisdiction. If a jurisdiction is designated in the order, and the custodial parent wishes to move, this move will affect the visitation rights of the non-custodial parent. In fact, even if your current order is void of a jurisdiction limitation, the custodial parent will still need to seek authority from the court in order to move, unless there is proper language in the current order specifically allowing the custodial parent to move to another jurisdiction and setting forth arrangements for travel. A custodial parent who wishes to move to a new location must either obtain the agreement of the non-custodial parent in order to move or they must seek permission from the court, and either way, new orders will need to be entered with the court, which detail how and when the child(ren) will see the non-custodial parent.

If you are involved in a move-away dispute, whether you are the custodial parent or the non-custodial parent, you should retain an experienced family law attorney before filing or responding to a modification request. A qualified child custody attorney can help advise you as to the circumstances and types of situations that may warrant relocation and how to defend against a move. If the parties do not agree, a family law lawyer can guide you through the modification process, which will include a social study to determine whether relocation would be in the best interest of the child(ren) and possibly a trial on the merits. A qualified family law lawyer will protect your rights and he or she will advocate on your and your child’s behalf throughout the social study, mediation process, negotiations for settlement and at the final hearing before the court, should this be necessary.

Contact Goldstein & Scopellite, PC

If you need to speak with an experienced family law attorney about modifying a current order based on visitation, moving, child support, school or medical issues or for any other reason, or if you are interested in having one of the experienced family law attorneys at Goldstein & Scopellite, PC represent you in a modification matter, please call us at 214-351-9100.